MEASURING YOUR PUPILLARY DISTANCE (PD)
To measure your Pupillary Distance (PD):
- Place a ruler on the bridge of your nose.
- Have a friend face you approximately one arms length away.
- Have your friend take the measurement of the distance between the center of your pupils (the black dots in the middle of your eyes).
You are able to perform the same task whilst wearing glasses. Draw dots on the lenses where your pupils are (using a highlighter or magic marker); then measure the distance between the two dots. You can also get this information from your local optician.
As a guideline:
- Most adults’ PD’s are between 55-65.
- Most kids’ PD’s are between 42-54.